Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Being Vain Is Not Gay!

I am a guy and I am so vain. I wanna keep myself clean for my figure. I put some face powder, lip balm, and all the other stuff. I am not homo, or bi. I am just vain. My friends mistakably say that I am like that. I am just like this. I want them to understand.

Well, we can always expect society being so judgmental. They judge even though they lack some evidence. This could really cause some people to have break downs if they are not really used to it.

Metrosexuality defines a heterosexual man who behaves in certain ways that would normally be deemed feminine or stereotypically homosexual. They do a lot of vain stuff such as putting face powder when they already look gross, having some massage in a weekend or two, or simply just having a putting some nail polish in their precious nails. He is the one who spends hours in the gym and has gallons of gel on his hair. He can be seen at the hippest of clubs, wearing the trendiest of clothes. He has the money to spend and knows what to spend it on. He likes a Siberian cucumber facial as much as the next and will recommend his favorite deep sea body scrub to you. It may be stereotyped as habits of women, but metrosexuals do it in a way that the society can say that they are some sort of gay.
The history of metrosexuality dates back in the Victorian era. . The typical wealthy male was a “slightly effeminate aesthete, who is rich, idle, and blasé; a man whose existence is defined by luxury, elegance, and the perpetual pursuit of happiness”. In the modern era, metrosexuals are now coined to slightly effeminate men who live luxurious lives.

In order for you to be one, you really need a lot of money to maintain all your vices. It is a really serious stuff that you are really entering to.

Metrosexuality can be credited to either the psychological manipulation of the consumer by corporates and advertising, or it can be due to the simple inherent need for change, the need to be different from one’s predecessors.
So, if you really thinking that you are gay, better think again. You might only be metrosexual. See you in the parlor!

No comments:

Post a Comment